Alberta Liquor License Application Process
The Alberta liquor license application process can be complicated, time consuming and costly without the help of an expert liquor consultant. Rising Tide Consultants has more than 25 years of experience helping businesses and licensees obtain liquor licenses.
Our consultants will help you understand and navigate Alberta Liquor and Gaming Commission (AGLC) liquor license application requirements, ensuring a greater chance of a successful application.
Why is it Difficult to Get a Liquor License in Alberta?
Business owners or their representatives may have difficulty understanding stringent AGLC liquor license criteria and prerequisites. Alberta liquor license applications that are not approved, can be the result of many things. Most businesses simply don’t have the time or expertise to deal with the many details that can result in the rejection of an application for license.
As full-time consultants, liquor licensing is our business. We understand what is required, the order in which to complete the many steps, and ensure that licensees meet or surpass their obligations.
AGLC Liquor License Consultation
Our AGLC liquor license experts walk you through the application step by step, ensuring your business meets the Alberta liquor licensing requirements.
Our liquor licensing consultants will help you with the following:
- Explaining AGLC license requirements.
- Conducting a review to determine the feasibility of a proposed license application prior to investment.
- Optimizing Alberta liquor license proposals.
- Reviewing and auditing liquor license documentation and suggesting improvements.
- Liaising with local municipal officials, advising on liquor licensing requirements with regard to floor plans.
- Connecting you with preferred vendors including architects, code consultants and/or designers to help your business conform to health, safety, fire, and occupancy regulations, as required by the Alberta Liquor and Gaming Commission.
- Conducting site reviews.
- Developing policy and procedures manuals and conducting staff training to ensure your business remains in compliance.
- Helping liquor manufacturers and distributors register products.
Types of Alberta Liquor Licenses
Whether you are seeking an Alberta liquor license for a restaurant, club, retail store, event, or for liquor manufacturing, our thorough liquor licensing consultations will greatly increase your potential for application approval.
Our expert consultants can help you with the following types of AGLC liquor licenses:
- Special Events liquor license.
- Class A licenses for on-premises sale and consumption of alcohol at restaurants, lounges, pubs and nightclubs.
- Class B licenses for on-premises sale and consumption of alcohol at recreational facilities. Types of venues include convention centres, racetracks, recreational facilities, sports venues, theatres, and transportation (aircraft, trains, buses, and water excursion crafts).
- Class C licenses for private clubs.
- Class D licenses for retailers that sell alcohol that is taken off-premises; including retail liquor stores, hotel off sales, and commercial catering.
- Class E license for liquor manufacturing including licenses for distilleries, brew pubs and cottage wineries.
Alberta Liquor License Application Resources
The following resources will help you understand the many Alberta liquor license application requirements that must be met by AGLC liquor license applicants.