Ontario Liquor License Application Process
If you’re considering applying for a liquor license in Ontario, Rising Tide Consultants can simplify and expedite an often complicated and time-consuming process. We’ve been helping businesses obtain liquor licenses for over 25 years, providing full-service liquor license consulting.
Is Getting a Liquor License in Ontario Difficult?
The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario or AGCO (sometimes referred to as the “Liquor Licensing Board of Ontario” by the public) requires that prospective liquor licensees fulfill stringent criteria for approval. Many applicants find the process complicated and time consuming. Your investment depends on a successful application, which can easily be derailed by misunderstanding Ontario liquor licensing obligations or providing missing or incomplete documentation.
As seasoned, professional liquor license consultants, we understand AGCO liquor license requirements and our clients benefit from our thorough approach. Our services save you time, money, and greatly increase your chances of a successful application.
Ontario Liquor License Consultation
Whether you are a retailer, manufacturer, restaurant or pub owner, you’ll find that our services clarify the Ontario liquor license application process. Our organized, step-by-step approach reduces the demands and confusion experienced by applicants who go it alone.
Our liquor license consultants:
- Ensure that you understand Ontario liquor license requirements.
- Determine the feasibility of your liquor license application before you commit to considerable investment.
- Review and audit required documents.
- Liaise with officials on your behalf.
- Conduct site visits and reviews, and make recommendations for improvements to ensure all requirements are met.
- Develop policy and procedures manuals that safeguard your liquor license.
- Develop training manuals and conduct training sessions, ensuring your employees’ actions safeguard your license investment.
- Assist with Ontario liquor license transfers
Types of Liquor Licenses in Ontario
Rising Tide Consultants helps clients apply for the following types of Ontario liquor licenses:
- Liquor Sales License – for the on-premise sale and consumption of alcohol in a licensed establishment where “light meals” are served. Ontario Liquor Sales Licenses may be combined with “endorsements” – a special addendum to the license that allows the licensee to sell alcohol under specific circumstances.
- Manufacturer’s License – allows manufacturers to sell wine, beer or spirits to the Liquor Control Board of Ontario (LCBO).
- Mini Bar License – for the sale of alcohol from dispensers in a room rented as overnight accommodation on the premises.
- License to Represent a Manufacturer – a license that allows a manufacturer’s agent or representative to take, canvass, receive or solicit orders for alcohol.
- Ferment on Premise Facility License – for facilities where equipment for the making of beer or wine is available to the public.
- Liquor Delivery License – allows the delivery of alcohol to the public for a fee.
- Special Occasion Permit (SOP) – for weddings, charity fundraisers, receptions etc. Applications and application guides are available at LCBO stores. Applications require written documentation and municipally significant applications require a municipal resolution.
Ontario Liquor License Resources
The following resources provide a glimpse of the requirements and obligations your business must meet when applying for a liquor license in Ontario.