PROTECT YOUR BC Liquor License and your BUSINESS
Customized Policy & Procedures Manuals help you avoid liquor license fines and suspensions
BC liquor laws leave it up to the licensee to ensure they are following responsible service of alcohol guidelines. Liquor permits are an investment and the penalty for serving liquor to a minor in any British Columbia liquor licensed establishment may carry an automatic $7,500 fine. A subsequent penalty may be a 30-day suspension of your BC liquor license. These fines are significant and can be financially devastating to your business.
Rising Tide Consultants has authored and will customize comprehensive Policy and Procedures Manuals for liquor retail stores, food primary restaurants and liquor primary license establishments. Licensees who are seeking “Due Diligence” proof to fight contravention notices including service to minors, find these manuals vital to their ongoing team member training and shows their commitment to follow all BC liquor laws.
As a result of the new British Columbia liquor license reform and the Minors as Agents Program, business owners in and around Vancouver, the greater Vancouver area and BC need to amend their staff training procedures and policies to include documentation for:
- Over service with respect to happy hour
- Farmers market retail purchases
- Responsible service of alcohol
- Special event permits and site wide licensing
- Minors in liquor primary establishments until 10pm
- Identification protocols for minors and Serving It Right
- Liquor Inspector communication and relations
Protecting your licensed business asset against contraventions has become imperative. RTC offers its clients in-depth knowledge of BC liquor policies and will help train and guide your liquor service staff with our customized Policy and Procedures Manual.
Rising Tide’s customized Policy & Procedures Manual:
- Assists your liquor operations staff and management in taking the appropriate measures to avoid serving a minor
- Is customized and personalized to meet the specific needs of your establishment and clientele
- Deals with ongoing and day-to-day operational issues in all aspects of operating a licensed establishment and retail liquor store.
If you’re interested in more information to purchase the RTC Policy and Procedure Manual for your business, please complete the Request Form and we will contact you within 48 hours.