At Rising Tide Consultants, we continue to closely monitor all Provincial Health Orders and COVID-19 Notices as they impact our lives and the hospitality industry. We are committed to providing our clients and stakeholders with the relevant information needed to keep your staff and customers safe and your doors open.
This past Saturday, BC’s Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry issued new orders, restricted to the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley.
These orders, which came into force Saturday, Nov. 7 at 10 p.m. and will continue through to Monday, Nov. 23, 2020 at noon, impact social gatherings, group physical activities, and workplace safety. We hope Dr. Henry does not find a cause to extend this timeframe.
- There are to be no social gatherings of any size with anyone other than your immediate household.
- People who live alone can socialize with one or two people at home, outside or at a restaurant. These one or two people become their immediate household.
- Funerals and weddings may proceed with your immediate household, but there are to be no associated receptions inside or outside your home, or at any public or community-based venue.
- Party buses and group limousines operating in these regions are ordered to stop operating (this order remains in effect until further notice).
Group physical activities
- Businesses, recreation centres or other organizations that organize or operate indoor group physical activities must stop these activities until updated COVID-19 safety plans that have been approved by the local medical health officer are in place. This includes: spin classes, group fitness, dance classes, or any other indoor group physical activity.
- Indoor sports where physical distancing cannot be maintained are suspended for two weeks but can be replaced by individual exercise or practice by reducing the number of people and ensuring everyone maintains a safe physical distance.
- All travel for sports, into or out of these regions, is suspended.
- All businesses and worksites must conduct active daily screening of all on-site workers using their COVID-19 safety plans. Please contact us for more information about creating or updating your Covid-19 Safety Plan.
- Workplaces must ensure that all workers and customers maintain enough physical distance, wear masks where appropriate, and be especially vigilant in small office spaces, break rooms, and kitchens.
We expect this new order will lead to increased Public Health inspections in the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley. If you operate a business of any kind in these regions, it is imperative that you review and comply with the existing safety standards.
At Rising Tide Consultants, we encourage all businesses and Licensees to follow the guidelines so we can get back to some sense of normal, whatever that will look like.